Chef Nicole Rhone Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a 2 1/2 quarter bowl.
2. Add milk, sugar, eggs, shortening and 2 cups flour.
3. Beat on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl consistently.
4. Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
5. Cover and let rise until double, 50-60 minutes.
Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched. Turn dough onto floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour.
6. Gently roll dough 1/2-inch thick with floured rolling pin.
7. Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
8. Cover and let rise until double, 30-40 minutes.
9. Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer to 350°.
10. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula.
11. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface.
12. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
13. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain.
1. Toss bacon in the sauce and place on a sheet tray and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
1.In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce. Cool and use for the bacon.
§ FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES REGISTRATION # CH36188 § A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800- 435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR ACCESSING THEIR WEBSITE AT WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.