Chef Peter Farrand Shula's American Steakhouse
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
2. Place in small container, cover, and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
1. Drain wood chips and place on in an aluminum pie pan or create a “pan” with aluminum foil and place directly on coals or burner of gas grill to get chips smoking.
2. Once chips are smoking well, place mushrooms in a perforated pan (poke small holes in a pie pan) and place on bbq grill-if using a gas grill, turn off the heat source and if using charcoal, place pie pan as far away from the coals as possible.
3. Smoke mushrooms for 10 minutes and remove from grill.
4. In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, place the olive oil in pan and sauté mushrooms until slightly brown approx. 2 minutes.
5. Add shallots and cook until soft.
6. Add garlic and sauté until aroma appears without browning the garlic.
7. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and wine.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove from heat and add the green onions.
1. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Oil grill with towel or brush.
3. Sear steak on the first side for approximately 2 minutes and repeat on other side, and finally sear the exposed “belly” of the steak for another minute.
4. Reduce heat on grill and cook fat strap/side down on grill for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest on rack for 3-5 minutes.
6. Turn heat up on grill to high while steak is resting.
7. Return steak to grill to heat on all sides.
8. Slice into ¼ “ slices and serve on top of the mushroom salad, garnish with the mayo, crispy onions, and a sprig of thyme if desired.
9. Serve immediately.
§ FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES REGISTRATION # CH36188 § A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800- 435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR ACCESSING THEIR WEBSITE AT WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.